DRESS CODE FOR STUDENTS AT JFK ELEMENTARY
Colors: White, Navy Blue, Khaki, and Black
- Tops may not be sleeveless
- Tops must have a collar
- Shirt must be polo shirts (with a solid color collar) or turtleneck in the above colors, whatever is visible underneath the polo shirts MUST comply with uniform colors (i.e. if your child is wearing a polo shirt and has long-sleeves underneath the polo shirt, the long-sleeves must comply with school colors).
- Shirts must not have any LETTERING, PICTURES, LOGOS, LABELS, or DESIGNS unless it is approved school logo.
- Shirts must fit properly and must be tucked in at all times
- Students may wear sweaters, cardigan vests, or sweatshirts when worn with polo shirt underneath (collar must be visible). The sweater or sweatshirt MUST comply with school uniform colors.
Colors: Navy Blue, Khaki, and Black
- Styles: slacks, shorts (must be knee length) skirts (knee length or longer), capris, and jumpers; Slacks, shorts, and skirts must fit properly (no sagging or bagging)
- Jeans are not allowed except for casual day.
- Bottoms must not have any lettering, pictures, logos, labels nor designs unless it is the approved school logo.
- Leggings can not be worn as pants! Leggings can be worn underneath skirts/pants and must comply with uniform colors. Absolutely no velour pants!
Specific school sanctioned activity wear; such as school T-Shirts, may be worn when approved by the building principal. There will be designated days set for special attire
- Clothing must properly cover the body and undergarments.
- No “headwear” is to be worn, unless approved for religious/medical reasons.
- Pants must fit properly and snugly at the waist. Sagging and baggy pants will not be allowed.
- Students may not wear coats, jackets, or other outerwear in class.
- Articles related to gangs or gang activities such as jewelry, emblems, symbols, or other related items or evidence of membership is prohibited.
Sanctions that will apply to those students who refuse to conform to the School Wear policy. Student will be brought to the principal’s office where an attempt to resolve the issue will be made. Parents will immediately be notified of the problem and asked to bring appropriate dress to school. Failure to comply with the dress code after the introductory 2 weeks (new students) will be handled according to the District Code of Conduct and Uniform/Dress Code Policies and Procedures.